23 July 2009

Pinetop Cabin

Last Friday night, July 17th, my family and I drove up to Pinetop in northeastern Arizona. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive there, which wouldn't be so bad but we were in a Toyota Corolla, with 5 people. And a dog. Granted, the dog, Rocky, is a Yorkie, so he's really little, but still, it was a little cramped. We spent the night in the cabin of one of my dad's coworkers.

On Saturday we went to a family fun park and got to race Go Karts! It was way fun, and the first time I'd been behind any kind of wheel in, oh, about 2 years....

After that we went to a few local stores and there was 2 craft fairs going on in town, so we hit up both of those. Then, we went to the Pinetop Equestrian Center and Dad, Laura, Tommy and I went on an hour long trail ride while Mom stayed back at the cabin with Rocky. It was so much fun to be on a horse again, and I wish I would have been ablt to go a bit longer, and to go faster than the slow walk we kept up the entire time. Also, I could do without the soreness I felt while sitting down for the next couple of days.

We ended up coming home Saturday evening instead of Sunday evening, but it was still a fun trip. And, on Sunday I got the chance to chat with Miss Beka in London for about an hour and a half, which I wouldn't have been able to do while up at the cabin.



No comments:

Post a Comment