13 February 2011

Todays and Somedays

This was such a fun weekend! Josephine called me up on Thursday night and invited me on a date. We got dinner together and then went to see BYU's Theater Ballet Company's performance of Cinderella. It was really fun to spend time with Josephine and the ballet was really good. I decided that I would have killed myself if I'd ever tried ballet. I'm really not that coordinated. And even though it was Snow White that sang it, Josephine and I decided that someday our princes would come!






And then on Saturday I had an amazing opportunity. I took the bus up to Sandy to the end of the Trax line (I was actually kind of sad that I didn't get to take the Trax; it's nicer than the bus). But anyway, Beka picked me up there. (I knew there was a way I could get there. It just took me an extra hour to get up there.) We stopped for lunch, then headed to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to do baptisms. Afterward we went and sat upstairs in the waiting room because Mary was getting endowed! We did have a bit of a dilemma when we wondered if we'd missed her and she was already gone, but then she came out. I'm so excited for her and excited for myself to go someday too. We saw her for a few minutes, took a couple of pictures, and then we headed off.


Beka and I didn't know what we wanted to do after that, but we decided we might as well head over to the Jordan River Temple since we were so close. We had to drive past it anyway to get back to the freeway. We stopped in and went to do baptisms again, but they had a 3 hour wait. We decided we'd already been to the temple once that day, so it was probably okay if we didn't wait around. We did stop to take a quick picture outside to document our afternoon :)

Just because we could, we decided to stop at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. Beka called her mom to get the address so we didn't get too completely lost. (We did drive past the RV park that we got lost in a couple weeks ago!) So that was two temples in one day, three if you count the fact that we did make it inside Jordan River. I love having so many temples so close. It's so easy to just go, and I should be better about making time for it. Someday (soon) we want to start at Provo Temple when it opens at 5:30am and temple hop all the way up to Logan. That's nine temples: Provo, Mount Timpanogos, Draper, Oquirrh Mountain, Jordan River, Salt Lake, Bountiful, Ogden, and Logan. And of course, we took another picture. You'll have to forgive the awkward angles--neither of us are very good at taking pictures of ourselves.
After that we headed to Provo and had a fun time. I'd told Camille that I was bringing home a present for her, so when she came home from working at the BYU-Utah Basketball game Beka was sitting on her bed! We grabbed Hillary and the four of us headed off on an adventure to Orem to find Papa Murphy's Pizza, dinner that involved chopsticks, and a Redbox that had a copy of The Social Network. Beka and I slept out on the couches in the living room and stayed up way too late talking like always, but it was so much fun to have her come down!

No comments:

Post a Comment