22 February 2011

Questing

Saturday afternoon I decided to run away from life because I was feeling homesick, so I ended up with Beka in Salt Lake. Beka had figured out all of the places that her great-grandma, Lily Annie Cross, had lived and worked in Salt Lake between 1914 and 1925, when she emigrated from London until she got married and moved to Idaho. (See Map)

It was really fun wandering around downtown Salt Lake in the rain, and then being creepers and taking pictures of people's houses. We found a lot of interesting things like the address no longer exists, or there was no building at the address. But most of the houses were there, and it was really fun to listen at every address as Beka said something along the lines of "Hey, I know someone who lived next door!" or "Hey, I drive past this every week" or "I remember going to that chapel across the street for activity days!"

My favorite of the places Lily lived

Beka keeps saying that she's excited to meet Lily, and frankly, I am too. I've heard all about her, and there are pictures of her on my computer (Beka used it one time to scan in pictures from my printer), I've now visited everywhere she lived and worked in Salt Lake, and I've heard all about her. She sounds like an amazing woman, and I hope even though I'm not actually her great-granddaughter, she'll let me go talk to her :)

On that note, I'm so grateful for my "sisters"--all of my wonderful friends. You girls are my sisters, and I'm so glad that I have all of you here in Provo (and Salt Lake). Laura's anniversary was on Sunday, so it's been a year since the "funeral" and about six months since she's spoken to anyone in the family. I was so grateful to know that when I was having a hard couple days, I have real friends I can go to.

Other fun things this weekend:

~DI shopping

~Getting stuck in a blizzard to go see Brian Reagan live in Logan

~Staying up until 3am while we destressed after 4 hours in the car with Kendel

~Sharing Beka's twin size bed because we were too tired to figure out bedding for me

~Chicken Parmesan for Sunday dinner

~Movie Marathon
We finally watched Despicable Me (not as good as the hype) and Secretariat (cute boy!).

~Real french toast Monday morning

~Wandering deserted Temple Square while I waited for the trax

*It won't let me add pictures, but I'll try again later, so check back.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken Parmesan minus the Parmesan. And it was the best weekend in a while. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete