23 December 2010

A few of my favorite Christmas things:

Home
We finally got our kitchen back and the finished product looks pretty amazing!



Treats
Yesterday we finally did some baking, but that was really an adventure! Our poor peanut butter cookies were just not as easy as they should have been. We had half a tray of cookies rolled out and then I realized that they looked odd because I forgot to put the peanut butter in! We put the cookies back in with the rest of the dough and added the peanut butter and avoided that disaster. And then Tommy got a little over-zealous with the kisses . . . he pushed the kisses (and hugs) down in the cookies so hard that when we tried to pick them up we got peanut butter doughnuts and kisses stuck to the trays. He got fired from that job. In the end, we made peanut butter balls, peanut butter cookies, and some easy turtles. Not a ton of baking, but we'll make more before I head back up to Utah.




Gospel
Last night we went down to Mesa to see the temple lights, which were just as beautiful as every year. I love the temple and the lights and Christmas, so I'm always excited to go!







Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment