02 February 2013

It's just Saturday . . .

So, I think about things for a really, really long time. For instance, I might spend 6 months thinking about painting my bedroom or 5 years thinking about a purse/bag that a friend has that I really like. But when I decide to do something, it gets done pretty quickly, taking up my Saturday. And apparently I've been in a deciding mood recently.
 
Decision #1:
A couple weeks ago I decided to paint my room. I decided for sure on Friday after I got home from work that I wanted to do it. Within 18 hours it was done (and I mean the whole room was put back together . . .). Dad and I ran to Lowe's, picked up 2 gallons of paint and new rollers, then we came home and I started pulling everything out of my room. I had everything out of my room except my bed before I went to bed (and I had a little help moving the dresser and bookcase). I realized I have a lot more books than I thought I did, see below.

Piles and piles of books!

Dad helped me in the morning and we had it all put back together by 1pm. And I don't have many pictures of my completed paint job, but I have a couple.

Okay, so I haven't put those on my computer yet. I'll get some. Soon.
 

 Decision #2:
And yesterday at work I decided I want a bag like Beka's. (Not pictured. But when I asked if she had a picture, she told me she got it at Old Navy, but I've wanted one like it for several years, so I'm pretty sure I couldn't find it at Old Navy at this point.) And back from my tangent, and my trip to clean up the mess this part of the post made: My Bag. Yes, with capitals. I'm a little excited about it. I found this tutorial on line months ago, but I just used it as a general guide when I got stuck. I don't have any in-process pictures, but here's some of the finished product 

The completed project!
The zippered pocket that looks way more professional in the picture than it looks in real life, but still cool.


iPhone and gum/chapstick pockets.

Me and my awesome bag. :)

It's big enough to hole my laptop and more stuff!

So, that's what I've been doing with my free time. Maybe this week I'll finish going through all the stuff in my room so that it's clean when I have visitors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment