Today was a soup kind of day. With the cold weather, rain, and my head cold, all I wanted to do today was come home and have big bowl of hot soup. I was craving my mom's homemade chicken noodle soup, but I didn't have all of the ingredients or the 2 hours to let it simmer, but I did need to make a trip to the store today. I grabbed all of the ingredients for the soup, as well as a can of tomato soup and stuff for grilled cheese. Today's dinner was the classic grilled cheese and tomato soup.
I did decide to make the chicken noodle soup later this evening so it would just be ready for tomorrow's dinner after another rainy day, but when I went to make the soup...I forgot the egg noodles. :) I made the broth, and will grab a package of the egg noodles tomorrow afternoon before I come home and add them to my delicious soup! (The recipe for this amazing soup has been added to my recipes page.)
No comments:
Post a Comment