12 April 2011

Girls

Most of the time, I think I'm not very girly. I don't spend hours in front of the mirror putting on makeup and worrying about my hair, I hate heels (I have no balance and I don't want to break any bones, thank you!), and I think there's more to life than discussing boys and dissecting everything he may have said or done. In fact, I think girls whose lives revolve around those things are ridiculous, and I refer to them as "bubble breezies." But there are some girly things I just can't resist. Like asian food with chopsticks, pj's, ice cream, a good friend or two, and a chick flick. It's so incredibly cliché, but it really is therapeutic. And it really doesn't hurt when there's a good kiss or two in the movie.

With some slight modification to the usual plan (the movie was a matinee in a theater), this weekend's cliché girly evening came in the form of Jane Eyre with Beka and trying Tibetan food for the first time. And wondering why we participated in overdone activities, as well as why it's so enjoyable watching someone else fall in love...but there were a couple of dang good kisses :)



Camille--it starts raining just after this :) How's that song go? Something along the lines of "Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain, kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain," I believe. I'll make sure to mention this to future boys, just to make sure it happens for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment