On Saturday we decided to take Laura's new Tahoe for a pseudo road trip and head up north for the morning. We went about an hour and a half north of Phoenix to Camp Verde where we visited both Montezuma's Castle and Montezuma's Well. I'd been to the castle, but never the well before, and it was way cool-er than i thought it would be. It is not, in fact, a well, but a lake in the middle of a hill, with some cool ruins!

The castle-cliff dwellings.

The well (really a natural spring/lake/pond)

The underground cave where the water drains from the well.

Laura and I standing on a bride at the other side of the underground cave where the water feeds into a river. The bridge is over an irrigation canal they built hundreds of years ago. (I hope the bridge is newer than that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment