Beka cut the shoulder pads out of her fabulously awesome green suit. This picture has only one shoulder pad removed so far . . . I think she should have gone like this!

I helped with the scroll and curled her hair up, and then we met up with Sarah Bingham and her friend Sara and headed off. (On a side note, we stopped at Josephine's to pick up her roommates stuffed snake to be Beka's basilisk. We decided that with Aubs as Rita, Sarah B. as Umbridge, other Sarah sporting a Bellatrix wanted shirt, we needed to sorta be characters too. Beka got Ginny and I claimed Hermione. Miss Josephine looked as beautiful as always as she got ready for her date to homecoming! And I somehow acquired a pair of lens-less glasses to look nerdy enough to be Hermione.)
We got there and there were some interesting things. We each got a wand (mine of course was made with the tail feather of a phoenix), and then we went to meet Gilderoy Lockhart in Flourish and Blott's for one night only!

He was quite the character as "Rita" and her Quick Quill interviewed him, and then later as he taught us about the second most important part of being a wizard: fashion (the first most important thing was, of course, magic). And then, he had one more thing to teach us, and it was a very important thing. Etiquette. He asked for a volunteer, so as Aubs is over on the end all but jumping out of her seat and yelling "Pick me!" he points at me, but I was too busy looking at my camera to notice! He taught me how to shake hands like a lady-apparently my hand should go on top of the man's daintily so he could kiss it if he wished.
Next I learned how to walk like a lady. It involved stepping onto my toes and moving my hips as though I was sliding down one of those twisty slides.

And, last but certainly not least, now that I had the proper etiquette of a lady, he proposed. Enjoy, please. I most certainly did!
I'm so glad that Beka caught my first proposal on video! Check out those great dead animal heads on the wall behind us. Actually, pay special attention to them, you never know what you'll find! Other activities of the night included visiting Professor Trelawney, writing letters to Dumbledore via owl post, visiting Honeyduke's Candy Shop, and attending a potions class. You should all be jealous of the fun we had!
P.S. Aubs-I tried to post the video of your interview, but it was taking forever to upload. I'll try again tomorrow maybe.
P.P.S. I just saw that Sara posted her video of my whole exchange with Lockheart on Facebook. Sarah Bingham is tagged in it-go see if you can learn anything about your etiquette!
No comments:
Post a Comment