27 January 2010

2010

I can't believe that it's 2010 and January is almost over! This semester is already going by so fast! But, there's been all kinds of excitement.

Christmas Break started with working at EPT for a day again. I got to help with the seasonal marketing, taking veggie trays to doctors offices that refer patients.

Then, Laura graduated from ASU with her Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, though most of it was completed in Global Business Management. The student speaker said he had big plans for his life, he just didn't know what they were yet. The keynote speaker congratulated all of the students for making it this far, whether it took 4 years, 6 years, or 10 years! I identified with these statements, it's the story of my life. :)

Christmas was fun. Tommy and I had all kinds fun hanging out and playing. The favorite of the day was Tom's new game Sorry Sliders!

The rest of Christmas break we spent working on planning Laura's wedding. She and Jonathan Daniels will be getting married at our parent's home in Peoria, AZ on 20 February 2010. We went dress shopping on New Year's Eve and found a beautiful gown, and then on New Year's Day I took their announcement pictures.


Classes then started on 4 January, and I'm liking my semester so far. My favorite classes are Church History from 1844 (the death of Joseph Smith) to approximately 1900. Susan Black is the professor, and I've decided that I just want to be her when I grow up. :) My other favorite class is CHum, or Computers with Humanities. I'm very excited about the cook book I'm making as a project for that class, and I will post some spreads when I'm a little farther along in the project.

Over MLK weekend earlier this month I headed up to Rocky A Ranch in Idaho with Beka to visit her family. We attended a DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) Lunch with Sister Atkin and Aliza, Beka's older sister, where Craig Jessop of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was the keynote speaker. Saturday night we got to go to the Worm Creek Theater and watch Blindside-it was amazing!! However, I don't feel as though I got the full experience because the film never fell out of the projector. I did also get back on a horse (Thunder)on Monday, the first since my fall (Aurora) last September. It was fun, just really, really cold!



Last weekend was entirely fun and completely not productive. Friday night we hosted a "Waffle Party" at our appartment, and everyone knows that food and friends make for an amazing night. We ended up having a snowball fight outside in the parking lot with all of the fresh snow as the last of our guests were leaving. Saturday was just as fun, starting out with a trip to the Provo Temple with Beka to do baptisms. Then we stopped off at Eliane's Patisserie et Boulangerie for lunch, and split an amazing Croque Monsieur and a raspberry cream cheese turnover!
That was on our way up to Bountiful to clean. As soon as we got back to Provo we (Beka and I) put on layers and warm clothes to head out to go sledding with Dave and Taylor. I love the 7' tall snowman that was in the middle of the park!




That pretty much brings my life up to date. I should really work on writing more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment